Pimping Wellington's most notorious graffiti alleyway live to air - the good, the bad and the fugly.
Stoked to be winner of the street art category of the 2008 wellington civic trust awards
Aug 12, 2008
YELZ / DRYPNZ
Every few weekends I like to take a trip down past the skatepark and capture what's gone up on the legals down there. Today was stunningly sunny so, because I could see a few writers skating and hanging out, I decided to make like a cat and lounge in the sun, taking in the action.
Beware texted me to see what I was up to and ended up meeting me there.
Eventually, as always, we ended up down the alley where we were stoked to see DRYPNZ, who had just finished the above face, and Yelz. Neither of us had met Yelz before but we'd both wondered on our respective sites where he'd gone.
Once DRYPNZ introduced us, we told Yelz we'd missed him and he said he'd had a bunch of papers to hand in.
I guess studying must fill in the time while he's waiting for the paint to dry ;-)
On amicable, sunny days like today when graf love is everywhere, I wish the GP could meet these 'reckless vandals' and find out how charming, peaceful and egoless, yet motivated they really are...
1 comment:
ahhh...makes me miss welly!
Post a Comment