Aug 5, 2008

Otis and Silenc Speak Up...

Just in case you missed them, here are Otis and Silenc getting up real good!

And this, at the very end of the interview in the TV3 studio this morning with Otis and the Councilor in charge of Zero Tolerance for Graffiti programme in Auckland, Paul Greenwood...

Interviewer: Any merit, do you think, to the Council providing an area the people are allowed to use for these kinds of purposes?

Otis: Absolutely - Yes!

Councillor: I don't think so - I mean - I think that's the old just hug them a bit more, love them a bit more and they'll stop doing it. I think you've actually got to catch people.

Otis: I think loving and hugging more would actually probably work.

And from the interview with Silenc...

If the Council members, the Mayor and all these anti-graffiti people, if they're coming from an angle - like if I come at you like this and punch you, you're automatically going to throw up the defensive right? Well - it's natural - ok?
So I think that's not the way to actually solve the problem - by attacking. The best way is to, you know, just basically, to reason...

I couldn't help but think that both the graf guys looked so zen.
And when will the Councils, Police and graffiti activists et al start taking notice of what they were both saying, what we've all been saying, for how long?...

No comments: