Stens and below (mutey) pastey by BEWARE.
After experimenting with different media's, BW has settled on stickers, pasteys and stencils.
When he was putting up the gasmasks, Ikon wandered down and commented that there needed to be more stens around the place.
Have you ever noticed no-one can get enough of stencils? It doesn't seem to matter what artists and writers personal style choices are, almost everyone appreciates a good clean stencil.
BW's one of my favourite human beings. He's a fellow graf hound and obsessio and all we talk and text about all day is graf (taking the pressure of his long suffering non-graf partner I hope!). If it wasn't for BW, I would never have had the courage to start this site. In fact, if it wasn't for him, I still wouldn't know what a pastey or a throwie was, even though I had been taking images of both for a few years for the Street. Graf was a language I loved the look of but didn't know how to speak until I met BW who gave me a crash course. He's like a graf wiki and, as far as Leftbank resources, BW's more crucial than both my Nokia and laptop combined.
So here's the thing...
I'm a toy (and I know I'm not doing myself any cred favours by saying that), but I have BW who I can ask for help. Even though he's almost 20 years younger than me, he isn't protective of what he knows and isn't scared to share it, he notes, encourages and big ups my progress without making me feel like an old fool tool - and on a sub-conscious level he does what all the best mentors do - he makes no mention at all of the bad but always high tens the good.
The effect is that I get courage to try new things (coming soon by the way) and push myself harder and most of all, after hours at work then having to come home to do another mid-nighter here, night after night, it helps me stay motivated.
Now, you must know by now where this is headed...
Adopt a Toy!! lol ;-)
Share your knowledge - give someone a hand, or a can. Help a dribbly toy with no can control but a ton of potential feel like they're not up a dark alley risking arrest or being done over for nothing.
What goes around, goes around, goes around, goes around, comes all the way back around...
We all know JT's singing about Graf Karma right?
Next day...
Now that I'm not cross eyed and exhausted, I just read over this again.
It's obvious what my name E stands for.
Emo!
How about S.I.E?
Sickeningly Idealistic Emo?! haha
Now that I'm not cross eyed and exhausted, I just read over this again.
It's obvious what my name E stands for.
Emo!
How about S.I.E?
Sickeningly Idealistic Emo?! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment