Aug 2, 2008

Ich Gehe Schlafen...

Remember the story I told you about my German couch surfer Sarah and how I ripped off Dusk on Ghuznee St and gave her to her to take back to Germany?

And do you remember that I told you she made the sticker Eye Opened that went onto the Lefties Sticker Window of Fame (then got tagged over)?

Well - she sent me an email last week and toward the end she asked if I'd seen her other stickers. I said No - that I thought there was only the one.

A few nights ago I was walking home in the dark and rain and for some reason I looked up suddenly and right in front of me was one of Sarah's instantly recognisable stickers. I looked at it closer and burst out laughing because it said Ich Gehe Schlafen.

The whole time she and Theresa stayed with me, the only piece of their language they were able to get through to me was Ich Gehe Schlafen which loosely translates into I'm tired - I want to go to bed now (or similar). This is exactly what I would say every night when I had been editing and posting here for hours until I got too cold or went cross eyed - whichever came first - and it didn't take long to become our In joke.

So - seeing a random sticker on a random street that hundreds of people must have walked past and knowing immediately it had been specifically made for me and had just been biding it's time until I finally discovered it was trippy! On a cold winter's night, this was an ultimate treat which made me feel strangely special and
I could almost feel Sarah smiling at me as I peeled it off for my collection, grinning and giggling like a crazy thing all the way home ;-)
Gute nacht Sarah!
xxx

1 comment:

Wgtn Wall Street said...

What an awesome story..

Graf karma is alive and well

oO WWS Oo