As hoped, the boys had their way with the alley this week...
I went to the Semi International opening at Manky Chops on Friday night. Previously, in the excitement of having the graf world come indoors for a change, I'd gone from 0 to 8 (drinks) in 10 seconds and wasted precious conversation ops so this week I made an executive decision not to drink so I could stay semi-coherent.
Wise move because I got some quality time with Star Mugs and Hatch and some briefies with Surplus Bargains and Cast.
Mugs is from Aux and was saying that the graf scene here is really different. Up there it's so spread out that the stuff just gets swallowed up without being noticed. He was surprised how 'followed' it was down here and how everyone knew everyone else (my words).
I guess we don't know any different, and like any whanau, there's the occasional in-fighting but there's also a lot of mutual respect so, overall, I think we've got a good thing going on...
1 comment:
I think your right about the mutual respect thing.
Although It always appears to be the 'Taggers' that are involved with the in-fighting and never the street artists. Probably because most of the street artists are design students and don't really have the time to care about who capped who and who wrote what where. I could be wrong but maybe the 'Taggers' dont have alot to do so creating beef is there way of getting some excitment in their life.
oO WWS Oo
Post a Comment