Pimping Wellington's most notorious graffiti alleyway live to air - the good, the bad and the fugly.
Stoked to be winner of the street art category of the 2008 wellington civic trust awards
Nov 25, 2008
Not A Moment Too Soon...
In my lurkings around the alleys, I've noticed a bit of humour coming into the tags. Especially up Allenby Tce where someone's made comments about BMD, and someone (I'm assuming BMD) has gone back over them with something spazzy like the ID one above. My favourite of this lot is the one with Toy and an arrow, then Toy and arrow pointing to the first Toy.
And a few of us have a stoopid game of theorising what Crew names might stand for.
Who said Tagging couldn't be a source of endless fun and joy?!
pfft!
Now - the Buff Mish...
I talked to a few groovers in the hood about some of the details and it turns out Boombox is having their grand opening bash on December 13 so Elie and I both went Hey Hey!
So the Buff will start at 10 in the morning of the 13th, something to eat around lunch (care of Boomies) then the righteous, well-earned writing sesh. The day will be capped off by a stroll across the street to some fine Boombox Hospitality.
How does that sound?
Plan Stan?
Let me know what you think of this...I decided not to approach the other wall owners so that the GP (general public) get to see the difference between the two. Is it too much to hope that they might like what we've done and be more willing to support us doing the same elsewhere?
I don't do crystal balls so we'll just have to wait and see...
1 comment:
Nice. I like the sound of having the walls contrast each other. Just a matter of *gulp* "enforcing" it.
Post a Comment