Nov 13, 2008

Happy Hour






At the Semi-International opening the other night, I hinted to Happy that he must be gagging to move on to some new characters. Before I'd even finished the sentence he led me out the back into the studio and showed me a sketch he'd been working on that day. It was brilliant and it made me realise that he was only playing with the walls and if he had more time, and didn't have to look over his shoulder, he'd be doing some seriously lucid pieces.

He also admitted that he was wary of being accused of biting DRYPNZ. I reminded him that DRYP says himself that he's influenced by others and that everyone is influenced by someone so not to let it hold him back - so you can imagine how chuffed I was to see these new variations on his old theme go up over the weekend...

No comments: