Pimping Wellington's most notorious graffiti alleyway live to air - the good, the bad and the fugly.
Stoked to be winner of the street art category of the 2008 wellington civic trust awards
Nov 10, 2008
SEND sent
Last week was pretty full on.
A writer who did some work up Lefties a while ago didn't like seeing his stuff up and threatened to stab me if he saw me. I wasn't bothered by it and didn't take it personally - it was obvious he'd been drinking (or something).
After all this time, I finally got me a Hater ;-)
A few days later, I whipped down the alley to see if there was anything new and Erase and a few of his friends I hadn't met before were hanging out (including SEND). When I started taking images they twigged that I was 'that Leftbank lady' and we started talking.
They might have been young and not even able to be classed as toys but hearing their feedback on what they thought of the site put stabby boy into context. One of them said it was his homepage, they said they checked it every single day and were even quoting from many of the posts. And I had to chuckle when they marveled at my Nokia like it was Darth Vadar's original light sabre ;-)
I got dished up some love at the Semi-International too.
All this to say that despite the haters (and I know there's more than one), I love my job...
4 comments:
Keep up the good work. You are Wellington's Martha Cooper you know
Dont listen to the haters.. as you say, leftbank is for lovers. Thanks for all your work. BMD
Lol! I had to google Martha Cooper ;-) Thanks P!
And thanks BMD. Beware on WWS is the one that said Leftbank is for Lovers and I didn't get it at first - do now though... ;-)
Martha Stewart More Like! Mummy to the Left-ie.<3 Your Left bank... is what i slways say
Post a Comment