Oct 22, 2008

ID | NEWS


One of the highlights of the Decked Out opening was meeting ID.
Now I can put a face to the throwies.
I especially get a kick out of seeing experimentation and variations on the usual, which is what ID's been doing lately.

Maybe this is an offensive and naive generalisation, and I'm sure you'll tell me if it is, but maybe there's two kinds of artists/writers?
Those who get a good thing going or something that works for them and rarely stray far from that style/formula - getting slicker and sharper every time.
And those who can never stay anywhere for too long before getting either bored, therefore adventurous, or being stimulated or inspired by something or someone else. It's like they cruise down a street for a while then see a side alley they can't help but go down, which leads them down another one.

From what I've seen of ID - I'd put him in the latter, rapping out the same theme for a while then going total 360 on us.

__________________________________

Side note: Here and here are some of the latest tactics being trialled by anti-taggers around the country FYI...

No comments: