Sometimes when I do a scope of the bank, there's dudes hanging out and yarning. Last month it was a photographer taking images of a crowd of off-their-face Goth/Emo's in The Freaks clothing - maybe for advertising? Who knows.
Sin was there painting so him and I just kept talking about graf land and the Freaks posed and danced all around us. We would have moved if they asked. Maybe they were just making the most of the two bonus Freaks?
Yesterday two English dudes were down by the Drypppls.
As I made my way past them I overheard them talking about graffiti but I couldn't pick up the context. I cruised up taking images of stuff that had come out too dark a few nights before. On my way back down past them, one of the guys had a pair of blue plastic gloves on. I couldn't see any kit but I went and had brunch at Offbeat (try eating Bacon and Eggs with plastic utensils - not pretty!) then went back but no dudes and no new stuff. Boo.
With a bigger anticlimax than last christmas, I realised the guy with gloves had merely buffed over the mailbox below...
We've started seeing Gomans go up in all the wrong ways. He's a grom with a marker pen, hanging with all his grom mates, who obviously wouldn't know Ikon from the Eiffel Tower and will tag anything with no respect. Some would say that's tagging all up but even the viral taggers will wait a few days or steer away from decent burners till someone makes the first move.
Apols for the Tagging Police lecture but after all these years of following the haps of graf around town and seeing how different it is in Oz where pieces are sacred, I've worked out that tagging is what gives graf the bad rep. Not only that - cops schmops - tagging is the one thing that will disillusion the hardcore writers and put them off getting up.
And, as always, I'm up for the beef if I've got it all wrong...
No comments:
Post a Comment