The only thing to wear out in Wellies this weekend would have been your hardiest 41 below Brass Monkey suit. It was freaking freezing!!
Yesterday Jenny, from Miss Demeanour on Cuba Street, said she was looking out her shop window at the rain but thought Hold on - rain doesn't float down in flakes!
Who ever heard of snow on Cuba St?!
Later on someone else told me they'd seen it too. What's that all about?
So - with not much happening up the alley this past week and because I've got a few images, SHIV's up today. SHIV's throwies are never huge but they're always recognisable and his tags have a wee bit of flourish. I'm interested to see his progression...
In the book InForm, PEST5 has this to say about picking his name...
I heard about the approach of picking letters that you like. Originally I had to do a 4 and an H - forget about it! Those are the most horrible letters. So I decided I wanted a name with an e and s and a t. I thought that Pest sounded like a bad-ass graffiti name - as you think when you're a toy. I added a number onto it because it was the buzz in Christchurch at the time to have an old-school sounding name. Also there're heaps of other guys overseas who write Pest and I thought it had a good ring to it with the 5 on the end.
SHIV's got some pretty funky letters to work with which could look sick as a piece... ;-)
3 comments:
honestly you are not making left bank look good posting all this garbage.. well actually I guess you are just showing what it is like these days, a mess of toy vomit mixed with the occasional good piece from Ikon and friends..
In my opinion I think this blog is a fair representation of LeftBank and all that goes on there. Its still in its early days which leaves alot of room for improvement (which it doesnt need)...and yes ANON! it may be a bit messy at the moment but feel free to use your real name and go get up down there huh!?
Keep it up E. Its looking awesome!
WWS, and E yes you are right but anyone who can use a can and spends time and puts in an effort only gets slack from people who wish they could do something different and better. open views, thats what its about. But because of the small surface area of wellington and lack of an acceptance of different opinions the scene has crumbled to almost nothing.
there is just a lack of places to go and paint. but be creative. dont just paint in a spot that has become known because of other artists/writers. dosnt do anything for any one.
if anything it just pushes the sword farther into the bulls back.
i can see the point 'ANON' is making and there is nothing to work towards if you get on a website as soon as you paint your first "thing". stunts growth and creativity.
Post a Comment