Jul 16, 2008

Buffing Attitudes...

Lest we forget - this is all about the Left Bank - not about who is a better or worse writer, biter, hater, toy, crap capper or Graf God. It's merely a representation of what goes up and the very nature of graf is that no-one has any control over it.

Having been a curator in various forms over many years I've learnt that as tempted as I am to have my favourites, I can't afford to. I must remain impartial therefore there is one thing that I'm staunch about and that is being as supportive as I can to anyone who has the guts to get up.
Can you remember what you wanted more than anything when you were just a runty toy? I can guarantee it wasn't hater hoik you were hoping for.

I've met a shitload of you now and all I've got from you all is respect and meaty hardcore graf convo's - the only convo's my attention span will stick around for.

So lets ditch the hater pissing contest bullshit and get down to graf. I want to hear who's done what around town, if there's any legals we should know about (I've been doing a bit of legwork on that one in the background - I'll let you know when there's something worth knowing).
Know where good deals on paint or caps are? Or how to fix the prematuring ironlaks?
I've heard a few epic recipes for paste. What about the best sticker sheets and ways of printing them?
Posca's vs what?
How do we avoid sten overspray cringe?
Know any writers from out of town who could feat up Lefties?
And anyway - what is Lefties history? Who was the first to get up down the alley? How long ago?
To get where you are, you must have hung out with some cool cats and there's got to be some stories when you got messed up, almost busted, had to do a John Walker or were left dangling - and don't tell us you've never fckd up so what's your most brainless fckup.

If you knew what was going on in the background here, you'd be shamed by all your wahwahing and hating lately so lift the buff line and if you're going to say something, make it worth the www.world listening.

And just one last thing...

Last night I had a dream where I climbed through one of those little windows down the alley - I wasn't the only one, Trust Me was climbing through it too. It was kind of like a doorway or portal we had to go through to get into the alley and when we got through it was sunny and there were funky tattooed, pierced women sitting around on picnic blankets eating and laughing with each other and kids running around and writers getting up everywhere, helping each other, sharing gear.
The feeling of community was overwhelming and sitting grinning in a corner, marvelling proudly at the unity around me, all I could think was "holy shit - who'd have thought?!..."

1 comment:

A-Fem said...

Oh funny, One Wing Angels stolen stencil!