You're all right - most of what I put up is shit.
I haven't got my hand on it going all like Oh Woe Is Me - the stuff going up in the alley is genuinely mostly shit. I mean no disrespect to anyone who contributes because I've always seen it as gritty and raw and the reality of what goes up, but I remember back years where there was more respect and the tagging and capping just didn't used to happen like it does now and I'm grown up enough and observant enough to admit it's got worse since this site started.
Two things have happened as a result - noted Writers can't be bothered cos they know their piece is going to get munted before the paint's even dry and I now get regular comments or emails from toys asking when I'm going to put their stuff up.
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do but I'm not going to put tags up anymore (unless there's a point or they're just funny as fuck). I haven't supported them on The Street since I got back from the Grand Graf Tour of Sydney (except for Covet recently just cos I had so many and, apart from the odd stick, that's pretty much all he's been doing).
And even though I'm guessing a large proportion of the 60 - 80 hits a day come from Toys wanting to pant over their latest throwie, maybe the bar has to go up there to? Fame on the wall or Fame on the web? Same diff to the new generation?
Lefties could do with a Nip Tuck about now starting with liposuction of the tagging and hating bullshit followed by some Burner enhancement, Stencil tats and some quality accessorising - now that lot would be worth reporting on.
Think Mays Lane - you on this page yet?
What's fascinating is that The Street has no commentary and way more images but even though it's been up since 06, it only gets half the amount of hits. What's that about? It seems that people like to read the rabble, even though reading the inside of a toilet bowl would probably be more informative and entertaining.
As usual, don't hold back - verbalage always welcome entertainment...
I haven't got my hand on it going all like Oh Woe Is Me - the stuff going up in the alley is genuinely mostly shit. I mean no disrespect to anyone who contributes because I've always seen it as gritty and raw and the reality of what goes up, but I remember back years where there was more respect and the tagging and capping just didn't used to happen like it does now and I'm grown up enough and observant enough to admit it's got worse since this site started.
Two things have happened as a result - noted Writers can't be bothered cos they know their piece is going to get munted before the paint's even dry and I now get regular comments or emails from toys asking when I'm going to put their stuff up.
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do but I'm not going to put tags up anymore (unless there's a point or they're just funny as fuck). I haven't supported them on The Street since I got back from the Grand Graf Tour of Sydney (except for Covet recently just cos I had so many and, apart from the odd stick, that's pretty much all he's been doing).
And even though I'm guessing a large proportion of the 60 - 80 hits a day come from Toys wanting to pant over their latest throwie, maybe the bar has to go up there to? Fame on the wall or Fame on the web? Same diff to the new generation?
Lefties could do with a Nip Tuck about now starting with liposuction of the tagging and hating bullshit followed by some Burner enhancement, Stencil tats and some quality accessorising - now that lot would be worth reporting on.
Think Mays Lane - you on this page yet?
What's fascinating is that The Street has no commentary and way more images but even though it's been up since 06, it only gets half the amount of hits. What's that about? It seems that people like to read the rabble, even though reading the inside of a toilet bowl would probably be more informative and entertaining.
As usual, don't hold back - verbalage always welcome entertainment...
No comments:
Post a Comment