Sep 20, 2008

Slope, Slapstix and Visual Tourists...






A few mysteries demystified this past week...
Pink Boots is Eek's girlfriend. Also,
I'd been hoping to see Arlo Edwards because somebody thought he might have something to do with the dotscape in Newtown.
I got my chance to find out on
Friday night at Slope's opening at Manky Chops (on The Street soon) when he rocked in. He confirmed it was none other than his funky self with a little help from some friends. We also found out that these were his slaps we'd been seeing around...
I don't think I've ever spoken to Arlo when he isn't on some mission - always involving art of some sort and usually collaborative.
This time it's his latest Visual Tourist gig.

In the Museum of Curious Intent sounds like a mixed media orgy. The Eye's Wide Shut of art?
"Arlo takes pride in the look and feel of an exhibition, and will put his all into making the launch of the exhibition (26 September) a night to remember. He says the gallery will be lit for a darkened setting, complimented by red velvet curtains, extraordinary installations and a rich accompaniment of sound"
It wouldn't take anyone with a single digit IQ to get why I might have my tent set up outside in order to be first in.
Lets just say the words Darkened, Red and Rich sounds like a (hundred times) classier indoors version of the alley...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats awesome news about the award!! so guttered I didnt go now...had to stay home and do assignments for uni, bah!!!

Congrats again! good motivation to keep the blog going =)