Pimping Wellington's most notorious graffiti alleyway live to air - the good, the bad and the fugly.
Stoked to be winner of the street art category of the 2008 wellington civic trust awards
Sep 17, 2008
IKON
Years ago I got to drive around the back blocks of Brisbane in a truck delivering chaffy stuff to stations and I didn't see one single Kanga. Not one. I came home and said that Kangaroos, and especially problem Kangaroos were a myth (just like the wind in Wellington).
I get a similar sense of mystery with IKON.
I've got so many images of his primo burners but I've never actually seen him paint. I even got to hang out with him recently when the guys were getting up behind the Opera House but he'd already finished.
I swear on my Brownie badge that the other day I walked past the above wall down the alley and when I walked past it five minutes later he was spread all over it.
What's that about?!
Whatever it is - I'm addicted.
And I know I'm not the only one who can't get enough of IKON's work - the vibrancy, variety and strength of his pieces are legendary and the RTR crew must be stoked with the prolific, high-profile reps...
No comments:
Post a Comment