Cracked Ink was also down from Aux over the weekend. Him and DRYP recently had an exceptional combo exhibition. Exceptional because their styles are SO symbiotic. Their characters look like they all grew up in the same...circus? planet? petri dish?
One of the things I like most about DRYP is the way he blends his pieces in with what's around him. You can just see the edge of Lore's piece above left - notice how DRYPNZ's bubbles (and colours) blend along underneath Lore's?
He's also super zen about his pieces being capped.
I noticed his infamous Lucha had been capped by Erect and when I saw Dryp in the alley, I commented on it. With not a face twitch of malice he said Yeah I know, I watched him do it ;-)
When I saw Erect later on I told him Dryp had watched as he capped him and he just shrugged his shoulders but I detected a small smile of surprise? satisfaction? amusement?
Erect has just started throwing up.
We affectionately call him The Toddler (one of his crews is the LPG - Lolly Pop Gang!). Old Man Sin gave him a bit of grief one time and we haven't seen as much of him lately. This kid's got Burning Man written all over him.
In ideal Leftie Land, wouldn't it be a shiny sparkly beautiful thing if Erect learnt from Dryp how to have no attachment to his pieces and avoid the Hater Hernia?!
Of course F, whose favourite piss stop is DRYPNZ, capped the pillar that night...
No comments:
Post a Comment